My Experience Creating the Christmas Music Video

 Sebastian Silva                                         Music Video Experience                                            12/15/2021


You know, this project was one of the most fun things I've ever done in all of my school years. Creating something with people you like to work with is great since you don't have to worry about not having good chemistry with your group. Even though I didn't really know Kayhanah, Madison, and Anthony, over time I got to know them and build up chemistry to work properly with them. Overall, the project wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but it's all thanks to having a group that collectively tried their very best in this video, while also making it fun.

Creating the Storyboard

    This part was the easiest of them all. At first, the storyboard was simply 10 second sketches that didn't look very good, but then I offered to re-do all of the boxes and somewhat improved how the storyboard looked. It was fun to sketch out every single person doing certain actions and we all laughed about the way everything looked! 

Writing the Script

All credit for the script goes to Kayhanah, since she was working on it while Madison and I worked on the storyboard. It turned out great and Kayhanah basically saved us a lot of time when she multitasked with us.

Making the Music Video

Making the video was the best part of this project. We got to try out a lot of different stuff together and work as a team to get it done. We even ended up collaborating with other groups for the final part of the video. It all turned out great and I couldn't be happier to have worked with these people who actually got the work done and did it correctly! I'd be more than happy to work on the portfolio project with the same group I worked with this time, I'm sure it would turn out even greater than this small video we made. Overall, I enjoyed the time I spent making this video, even if it was a little embarrassing shooting in public, dancing, with people walking around the hallway.

Comments